Sounds pretty sweet right? Well you could win that trip to Vegas Uncork’d too, just by voting. And what better beverage to vote for than the WhiteTea Bulger: a combination of sweetened white tea, Jameson Irish whiskey (my fav!) and prosecco?
I pose two challenges to you lovely readers:
- Go vote for the WhiteTea Bulger, and pass it on to anyone you know who likes a good drink.
- Try the recipe out this weekend!
I love this recipe for a few reasons:
- The ingredients are simple and easy to find. No funky purees, beverage “flakes” (what is that?!), or rare liqueurs. The white tea and Jameson are actually already in my kitchen.
- The procedure is also simple, making it easy to concoct while entertaining – there are just 5 quick steps to prepare.
- The flavor combination sounds natural and enticing. The tea and whiskey make it the perfect beverage to kick-off a night out, but the prosecco screams, “Hey! Forget the mimosa at brunch and drink me!”
- The name is clever. Here is the “inspiration” for the drink, courtesy of mionettomixology.com:
Whitey Bulger, one of America's most wanted for decades was the inspiration for this Boston-born cocktail. As the city's most notorious crime boss, his spirited 20+ year run from the law took him around the world. Borrowing from the locations of Whitey’s many known hideouts; the “WhiteTea Bulger” marries the effervescent sweetness of Italian Moinetto Prosecco and the naturally sweet and slightly malty flavors of white tea with Whitey’s hometown favorite – Irish whiskey. Together, they combine to create a delicious and easy-drinking cocktail that packs an Irish punch.
|Photo courtesy of mionettomixology.com|
- 1.5 oz - Prosecco
- 1.5 oz - Sweetened White Tea
- 0.5 oz - Jameson Irish Whiskey (or Irish whiskey of choice)
- Slice of lime
- Combine sweetened white tea with Irish whiskey in ice-filled shaker.
- Shake well
- Pour into martini glass
- Top with Prosecco
- Squeeze lime slice and garnish glass