Ingredients (though you can totally change this up and use any combos you want!):
- olive oil
- portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 loaf multigrain ciabatta, cubed (about 8 cups)
- 9 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 package italian shredded cheeses
- handful sundried tomatos
- 1-2 cups thawed/cooked frozen spinach
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, transfer to large bowl for mixing with the other ingredients. Cook portobellas thoroughly and add to mixing bowl. Chop all remaining dry veggie/meat ingredients and combine all-together in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt pepper and dry mustard.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with oil. Add half of the cubed bread.
- Put casserole in the fridge overnight to allow the bread to absorb the egg mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake the dish, uncovered, for 50-60min or until puffed and golden. Let stand 5min before serving
|1/4 tray of the final product.|
Bad news: completely missed the opportunity to take a better photo while in a hangover-stuper.
Good news: post-casserole I felt like a new person!